The role of the position is to support the organization through the process development, design cycle, and specification of a commercial cellulosic sugar plant. Candidate will work closely with internal management team as well as external consultants to drive the commercial plant design. Specific tasks will include:
- Definition of process, materials, and equipment standards
- Evaluation and modification of mass and energy balances
- Coordination with external engineering design firms to assist in detailed design
- Spearheading HAZOP reviews as part of the ongoing design an operation of the facility
- Assisting in the evaluation and testing of new technologies on a demonstration scale
- Additionally, this position will help to refine and optimize Sweetwater’s operations on an ongoing basis.
- Take the lead to ensure that the commercial plant designs are being conducted in-line with goals of the engineering, scientific, and operations groups.
- Work with outside design firms to coordinate the effective design of a facility.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Read and interpret P&IDs, blueprints, technical drawings, and schematics.
- Confirm with operations and other personnel pertinent operating procedures, help to resolve system problems and provide technical information and support.
- Research and analyze design proposals, specifications, manuals and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost and maintenance requirements of designs and applications
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Research, design, and evaluate mechanical products, equipment, systems, and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principals.
- Recommend design modifications to improve operational ability or lower costs.
- Estimate cost and submit bids for engineering, construction and assist in the preparation of contract documents.
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years practical experience in the biomass, biochemical, ethanol, pulp and paper, or related industries
- Strong familiarity with Visio and AutoCAD software systems.
- Familiar with and functional in the majority of the Microsoft software suite is required
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE SEND A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO : KBODDY@SWEETWATER.US
Sweetwater offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes 401k and health insurance.